The College Mouse Scholarship
The College Mouse $1,500 Scholarship Competition is open to US citizens and/or permanent residents currently enrolled or planning to attend a US college, university, or vocational school. International students, who are currently enrolled and studying at a US college, university, or vocational school may also apply.
Submissions will be received from January 16, through to April 1 of every year, and can be made through this online submission page. The winner will be announced by June 30, and notified by email and/or phone.
- To enter, applicants must submit a brief cover letter and an essay or short video on the topic – Why College Matters to Me. Written entries must not exceed 1,500 words (suggested minimum length is 500 words). Video entries must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Entries must be in English.
- There are no theme or style restrictions.
- Only one entry is allowed per candidate.
- This competition is for one (1) scholarship worth $1,500. The winner will receive $1,500 by cheque or bank transfer.
- Proceeds can be applied to tuition or other expenses such as living costs and text books, as needed by the winner. However, the winner will be required to show proof of enrollment at a college, university or vocational training institute, as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
- By entering this competition, you allow College Mouse to feature you and your submission in our promotions or other communications related to the scholarship.
- We reserve the right to cancel this scholarship, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if we determine that the quantity and quality of submissions do not meet the required parameters for continuing to offer the scholarship.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by the above rules.